Monday 5 May 2014

MET GALA 2014: Um, What?

So overall, I'm pretty disappointed with this years Met Gala. There are not many gowns that I can say I really love. Besides a few looks, I cannot understand what the designers were thinking this year, whose with me on this one... This night is supposed to be the night where the best and most fashionable designs come out to play, and I was just so underwhelmed. 

P.S. there are many more dresses that I absolutely hated, but there were just too many to post, That's Sad!  

Okay, so heres where the "What The Fuck Were They Thinking" outfits come in. Honestly, I've never loved Rachel McAdams style, but THIS? I just don't get it. Ralph Lauren could do so much better- in terms of style, shape, colour, etc. I can understand the idea of simplicity, but this is just too bland and boring, especially for this event! So NOT into it!

All I can say is WHAT THE FUCK? I have always been a Lupita Nyong'o supporter (in the style department) but I am just flabbergasted with this one? 

 I feel like Bee Shaffer should be losing her glass slipper at any moment here. This dress is just a huge miss in my books. I normally LOVE everything McQueen does, no matter what, but this baby blue gown does not hit the spot. She should probably hit the hay before the clock strikes 12. 

I am very confused. I mean, I always understand Anna Wintour's chicness when it comes to her classic suits, but this weird floral geometric Chanel number doesn't make sense. In my books, Chanel can do no wrong, apart from this one dress. The sheer t-shirt part on the top of this dress is just so unsettling. It makes me a bit angry to see Miss Wintour, the queen of fashion, in such a strange and ugly gown. 

Zoe Saldana, in Michael Kors, looks very hippy on the bottom thanks to her weirdly shaped gown. I'm all for a wide bottomed dress, but the fact that this dress sort of looks like a muffin top is kind of confusing. Zoe normally kills it, in my eyes, but I am really disappointed in her choice for this years MET GALA. The one thing I do actually like about this dress is the colour combo, that's about it though. 

Hailee Steinfeld is just so young and fresh, and this dramatic dress does not do any justice to her adorable little figure. It's way too wide and it doesn't even fit her properly. The neckline looks good on her, but that's about it. Something a little more fitted (or just tapered a bit) through the bottom would have been a much better choice for the young star. 

No comments:

Post a Comment