Tuesday 6 May 2014

MET GALA 2014: The Day After

Now that I have calmed down from the beginning of the Met Gala last night, I realized that there are quite a few dresses that I really did love. I was so bothered last night when writing my previous post that I couldn't see the positives through the negatives. Ill tell you right now, when I realized that Stella McCartney worked with BadGalRiRi, Cara Delevigne, Reese Witherspoon, and Kate Bosworth I was pretty damn excited. Here are some of my top looks from last nights Fashion Gala.

P.S. Who else is noticing a colour theme here? 

Kim K looked pretty stunning in her leg-baring Lanvin gown. BIG improvement from last years floral, sofa number. 

BadGalRiRi always looks bangin' in everything she puts on. I would say she is one of my style icons. Of course, Stella kills it every time, and when you have Rihanna's body to work with, anything is possible.

Charlize Theron is always a class act in my books. She makes this simple black and white Dior gown into something beyond what most people would do. The hair, the blazer, the earrings all make the outfit that much more chic.

Karolina Kirkova is the epitome of DRAMA in this floral Marchesa piece. I would say it's more a piece of art work than an actual dress, which is probably what the designers go for when they design for the Met Gala each year. 

This silk organza gown by Burberry looks killer on Suki Waterhouse. She is just so cool and edgy that the nude soft tones sort of juxtapose her personality. At first glance it looks somewhat simply, but when you analyze this dress you find a lot more detail than expected (especially for Burberry)

Blake Lively looked like a spitting image of Hollywood Glam at the Gala last night. This Gucci number is so elegant, but also fun at the same time. I love the cape in the back, it makes the gown a little more interesting. This shape and nude pantone looks epic on Blake's body and skin tone. Plus, her gorgeous off-to-the-side hair fits perfectly with the whole outfit. 

I had to throw this group shot in because of (I am sure you have all caught on now) my obsession for everything Stella. I truly think she is a genius in her craft! No matter who she dresses she always seems to make everyone look like they are ready for any red carpet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment